in dance as in life



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The dancer writes...

I am not a writer. I have tried, but I was never as good as I hoped. And yet I insist on becoming one. I express myself best not through word but through movement; the smooth glide of my toes showing carefree abandon, the whip of my leg saying passion. I am creative not in stringing words together, but in connecting senseless movements into a meaningful dance. Words alone are not enough for me to bare my soul. I need dance to pour out my deepest emotions. And yet I have stopped dancing, and here I am writing words that may mean nothing to you. Dancing made both my body and soul weary, but it doesn't mean I don't want to dance anymore. I just need time. But then if I let time pass, I may not be able to dance again. I write about this desire of mine, but I do nothing. My body stopped dancing, but my soul did not. I need time. To think, to ponder on the things that matter to me. And then it dawned on me. I am a writer. The stage is my paper, my body is my pen, and movements are my words.




*** I wrote this during my PI class out of boredom hahaha.

posted by Keina at 1:49 PM
|