in dance as in life



Friday, November 03, 2006

Deaths

Life is weird, but death is weirder. Yesterday, my sister received different text messages from different people about the death of Bro. Rafe Donato, who was president of De La Salle Lipa during my high school years. I dismissed it as one of those terrible jokes. Then i started to receive the same text messages. I couldn't believe it. He can't just drown or disappear while swimming. This morning, the text was confirmed by a teacher when I went to La Salle with Arjae. Unbelievable. Bro. Rafe is one of those persons I have great respect for. I remember the few times I was able to talk to him. Watching news of his death on TV Patrol was worse than the text messages. The text messages treated him with dignity. The news just commodified him into another victim.




Another death reported on TV Patrol was that of Pinoy Dream Academy's EP. That wouldn't have bothered me if it happened a sem ago. Roro and I need to interview him for the PDA part of our thesis. Freaky.




.....If there's one thing that I'm really really really scared of, it's death.

posted by Keina at 11:48 PM
|